As part of taking Zepbound, my doctor wants to see me every three months and the week prior to each appointment I go in for a quick blood draw. On this occasion Bev and I were both going to the Costco Hearing Center after the blood draw so we decided to have a lunch date as well. We had both heard good reviews from several folks about Bonefish Grill and even though Bev was lukewarm on going there, since it was very near the doctors office, we decided to give it a try.
When I first mentioned going to Bonefish for lunch, Bev’s reaction was “I don’t want fish” but she couldn’t come up with a better place so a decision was made and much to my surprise, she ordered Fish and Chips – “crispy cod, accompanied by coleslaw, tartar sauce and malt vinegar, served with French fries.” $21.30. Before the meals arrived, we were served hot bread with dipping oil - both very good.
This is Bev's meal.
As it turned out, she loved it, claiming this was the crispiest fish she had ever had and we both thought the seasoned fries were excellent.
After studying the menu at home, and since I was looking
for protein and fiber, I went with the House Salad With Wood Grilled Salmon –
“citrus herb vinaigrette, Kalamata olives, hearts of palm, pepitas, and
tomatoes.” $21.90. Since restaurants nearly always overcook
salmon for me, I asked the server how it was cooked and she said medium but
that I could get it medium rare, which I did.
I like my salmon to come apart in big flakes that still
have a sheen on them and I thought it was perfect (Bev wouldn't even try a bite
of it) and the grilling and seasoning were very much to my liking.
Bev and I both really liked the salad ingredients and
especially their signature Citrus Herb Vinaigrette and I’ll be looking for
copycat recipes so we can make it at home.
My meal was huge and as usual I couldn’t eat it all and actually ate
less than half.
We don't often order desserts (at least I don't) but Bev
wanted to try the Mango Creme Brulee special. She suggested I should try a bite even though
I'm not a big fan of either creme brulee or mangos, so I tried it. Three bites of this awesome dessert later, I
decided that perhaps I had been too hasty in my judgement and Bev felt the same
way about it. I almost forgot the pic.
And to top off the delicious meal, the service was
excellent and we both raved about the experience when we got home. I don’t like to eat out often because I
usually get tourist food – mediocre food at a high prices - but this was
definitely a different experience. We
liked it so much that we invited Cindy and Pat to join us next week so we could
again go to Bonefish followed by shopping for them while I go to the doctor.
Pat requested we bring her home a hamburger, and since it
was very close, we decided to try Whataburger for the first time and we ordered
two original burgers so we could try a bite for ourselves, which we did while
it was fresh from the window. It was
nothing special and we won’t have to go there again – I like Hardees better.
Then, we headed for Costco for our 2:15 appt where Bev was to get a hearing test
but her ears were blocked with wax. And one of my hearing aids was not working
and turns out the very small slits where the sound enters were blocked with
whatever can get on the top of it behind my ear. Sure glad that is resolved as that is the ear
Bev talks into. We also had to renew our
membership and we have had the more expensive Executive version, so I asked why I
would want to get it again and after telling me several benefits, including a $40
gift card, I still wasn’t convinced then she said the magic words. I hate Costco due to the crowds resulting in
difficulty finding a parking place and long lines at the checkout. But the magic words were – “ Between 9am and
10am every day, the store is only open for those with the Executive
Membership,” so I quickly bought it.
Even though we only go to Costco for hearing as it is a 45 minute drive
to Knoxville, they are building one in Maryville (due to open around the new
year) where we all go regularly so the membership will get used.
Photos can be slightly enlarged
by clicking on them and the blue words are links.
Have a
great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.
Larry
8/21/26
event date
After studying the menu at home, and since I was looking
for protein and fiber so I went with the House Salad With Wood Grilled Salmon –
“citrus herb vinaigrette, Kalamata olives, hearts of palm, pepitas, and
tomatoes.” $21.90. Since restaurants nearly always overcook
salmon for me so I asked the server how it was cooked and she said medium but
that I could get it medium rare which I did.
Pic
I like my salmon to come apart in big flakes that still
have a sheen on them and I thought it was perfect.
Pic
Bev and I both really liked the salad ingredients and
especially their signature Citrus Herb Vinaigrette and I’ll be looking for
copycat recipes so we can make it at home.
My meal was huge and as usual I couldn’t eat it all and actually ate
less than half.
Pic
And to top off the delicious meal, the service was
excellent and we both raved about the experience when we got home. I don’t like to eat out often because I
usually get tourist food – mediocre food at a high prices but this was
definitely way better. We liked it so
much that we invited Cindy and Pat to join us next week so we could again go to
Bonefish followed by shopping for them while I go to the doctor.
Bet requested we bring her home a hamburger so we decided
to try What a Burger for the first time and we ordered two original burgers so
we could try a bite for ourselves, which we did while it was fresh from the
window. It was nothing special and we
won’t have to go there again – I like Hardees better.
So we headed for Costso where Bev was to get a hearing test
but her ears were blocked with wax. And one of my hearing aids was not working
and turns out the very small slits were the sound enters were blocked with
whatever can get on the top of it behind my ear. Sure glad that is resolved as that is the ear
Bev talks into. We also had to renew our
membership and we have had the more expensive Executive version, I asked why I
would want to get it again and after listing several benefits, including a $40
gift card, I still wasn’t convinced then she said the magic words. I hate Costco due to the crowds resulting in
difficulty finding a parking place and long lines at the checkout. But the magic words were – “ Between 9am and
10am every day, the store is only open for those with the Executive
Membership,” so I quickly bought it.
Even though we only go to Costco for hearing as it is a 45 minute drive
to Knoxville, they are building one in Maryville (due to open around the new
year) where we all go regularly so the membership will get used.
Photos can be slightly enlarged by clicking on them and the
blue words are links.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven
South.
Larry
8/21/26 event date








what a great experience you had at Bonefish! A "Whataburger" opened and closed within 6 months here. It was in a bad location where every place that goes in has closed. Too bad, I kind of liked the burgers and service. Hardees still rules! Too many restaurants and less consumer disposable income = less business for mediocre restaurants. Our favorite restaurant is open only 3 days a week now. We've only been doing pizza delivery this year to cut back on spending too. I miss going out to eat! But we always splurge on vacations. Keep up the good work on the Zepbound!
ReplyDeleteI'll have to keep an eye out for Bonefish Grill! I'm so glad you both had such a great experience there. I love good food & good service! I've never tried Whataburger, and it sounds like that is just fine.
ReplyDelete