Friday, August 25, 2023

Greek Chicken with Lemon Vinaigrette – My Grilled Version

Bev recently said she would like some sort of lemon chicken so I went to my file of meals we’ve made and rated highly.  The one I came across was Greek Chicken with Lemon Vinaigrette that we had made about 13 months ago using the recipe from Pam on her “For The Love Of Cooking” blog.  My blog comment about that meal was “OH WOW, this was one of the best chicken dishes we’ve ever had and we all oohed and aahed over it.”  But rather than make the same dish, I decided to see if I could adapt it for a grilled version but keeping the sauce the same.  Below is the recipe I came up with but this was the fried version.


Grilled Greek Chicken with Lemon VinaigretteAdapted from For The Love Of Cooking

Ingredients:

2½ tbsp lemon juice

1¼ tbsp olive oil

1¼ tbsp feta cheese

½ tsp honey

Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless

S&P

¼ tsp. garlic powder

½ tsp. dried dill

½ tsp. dried oregano

¼ c. mayonnaise

Freshly grated parmesan cheese

Instructions:

1. Make the vinaigrette by combining the first five ingredients in a small jar and shake well.  Set aside to allow flavors to mingle.

2. Prepare the chicken by trimming then Jaccarding to tenderize and flatten to an even thickness – then cut off the thin edges and cook for the pets.

3. Season both sides of the chicken with S&P.

4. Rub the herbs between your hands and add them to the mayo along with the garlic powder and mix well.

5. Brush a coat of mayo on each side of the chicken – use all of the mayo mixture.

6. Add the chicken to a medium hot grill and cook to get good grill marks.

7. Flip, add a light coat of grated parmesan, and cook to an internal temperature of 158F.

8. Plate the chicken, drizzle with a tbsp. of the vinaigrette and garnish with fresh dill weed (I had none) and crumbled feta

We served it with some plate mashed boiled potatoes – a favorite because we always cook enough for breakfast home fries.

The Verdict:

It was very good and satisfied Bev’s desire for lemony chicken and I would make it again - I've come a ways from being just a recipe follower and now consider myself a bit of a cook.  We used all of the sauce on the three breasts we ate so needed more for four.  Was it as good as the fried version – of course not.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

8/19/23 meal date

5 comments:

  1. Looks good Larry. And served with sweet corn, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, This version of Greek lemon chicken is what I've always had...never fried...which I'm sure I'd like even better! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally in for some grilled lemon chicken and corn on the cob!
    P.S. White box wine would be a great pairing with Brussels sprouts ( smile).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that style steak and fresh corn is a nice side to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I think any type of lemon chicken is delicious & I love this adapted version--glad Bev liked it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments