Friday, January 6, 2023

Chinese Meal Ala Ashley, Charcuterie Board, Spam Hash, Our RV

Bev wanted to make pasta with Ashley, one of our surprise Christmas day guests, and Ashley wanted to incorporate it into a Chinese dish to cook for us.  She roasted some of the pasta and boiled some then served the combo under a delicious stir fry of chicken, beef, broccoli, and typical items for these dishes.

I’d shown Kathy’s charcuterie board previously but for New Year’s Eve, Wende had to use the counter top for hers.

We had some cooked potatoes left from two previous meals and a can of Spam that had been sitting in the pantry for a while so we decided to turn them into hash for breakfast.  I just diced everything, medium, and fried in oil to crisp up, then plated and topped with a couple of sunny side-up eggs for a delicious breakfast.




I would normally have added some peppers and onions to the hash but I wanted to judge the taste with just potatoes and meat.  This was my first ever spam hash but I will make it again.  I had originally bought the Spam (Hormel) to recapture some of my childhood where canned meat sandwiches were often on the lunch menu, except Mom always bought Treet (Armor) which I assume was cheaper. Now, I have Spam on the grocery list to use with our next batch of homemade bread for a fried Spam, cheese, and mayo sandwich, circa 1950’s.

Finally, when our motorhome stranded us along the roadside back in October, Bev said she would not give it another change to strand us and wanted to sell it.  After engine repairs and a full chassis servicing, it has been sitting peacefully in the driveway awaiting it’s fate. 

With the time to begin making reservations at hand, a decision was required and Bev has agreed to give the ole girl one more change since we spent so much on her, so I’ll soon have some trips to report on and hopefully with good outcomes.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

12/27/22 – 01/06/23 meal dates

5 comments:

  1. Bob loves Spam. I'll have to make his some hash. Never thought about it. That chacuterie board looks wonderful. Is it pepperoni making the rose shape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, Lots of variety in your menu, that's for sure! The charcuterie board/entire counter top was one heck of a spread. I haven't had Spam in quite a while but the next time we have any leftover potatoes, I know what I'm making for breakfast! Best of luck with you 2023 road trips... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never eaten Spam but you sure make it look good. I'm glad you're going to travel again and look forward to your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spread something for everyone on that board !! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chinese dish looks tasty and so does the charcuterie board. Not a huge fan of spam but it does look tasty with your potatoes and perfectly cooked eggs. So glad Bev will give the RV another season! I hope you have some fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments