Saturday, June 11, 2022

Meat Salads, Breakfast, and Pressure Washer

Beverly came up with a great idea for our Friday get-together on a summer day – meat salads on a bed of lettuce. So, she bought some Food City chicken salad with grapes and made ham salad and tuna salad – she never uses a recipe but just adds some onion and celery then other ingredients to taste.  To make mine look a little fancier, I molded the salads in a small bowl then flipped onto my plate.

I could not let a breakfast opportunity using leftover salad go by so I made an open-faced tuna salad and egg sandwich.  It started with a slice of sourdough bread followed by sliced tomato, tuna salad, pepper jack cheese, and two small poached eggs.



I used the toaster oven to melt the cheese before adding the eggs.

As expected, it was very good but next time I’ll nuke it to take the chill off of the tomatoes and tuna salad.

PRESSURE WASHER

A couple of years ago, we hired some guys to do some pressure washing for us including the big back patio for which they used a surface pressure washer, which I was impressed with.  After 30 years, our used-to-be white concrete driveway was now pretty black and I considered hiring the guys to clean it.  But then I thought I now have no ailments to keep me from doing it and it would be crazy to pay them when I need to find reasons to be more active.

So I did a little research and found a surface pressure that looked like a very good one – I’ll compromise with many things, but I have always liked first class tools.  I went on Amazon and found a BOCOM 24” commercial unit that would work with my pressure washer and ordered it – it was expensive but should last a lifetime.

You pretty much need a gas pressure washer to achieve the pressure and water volume to run this machine.  This is my set-up ready to wash.

Here are some driveway shots.





It's hard to believe the difference and I now have enough driveway, patio, and the dock remaining to keep me busy for at least a couple of weeks.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

06/03-04/22 event date

 

4 comments:

  1. Larry, Other than peanut butter, chicken or tuna salad would be at the top of Laurie's basic food list! She loves it when I make it with celery, onion powder, garlic powder and mayonnaise, We usually let it sit overnight to 'marry' the seasonings. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food looks delicious and that drive way is an amazing improvlement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love the idea of a meat salad dinner on hot summer evenings. Of course, the leftovers with perfectly cooked eggs has me drooling.

    The power washer on the other hand, will have my husband drooling. I'll be sure to show him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a difference the power washer made to your driveway. Sounds like you will be getting a lot of exercise for a while. Take care. Karen (Back Road Journal)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments