Friday, May 20, 2022

Spaghetti D’Angelo

While I plan to stay on a Keto-like diet, I’m also going to indulge with some carbs on occasion – such as pasta a few times a month.  I had been saving this recipe for Spaghetti D’Angelo from Chef Dennis since last fall and it seemed like a good one for my first real pasta dish in 2022 (I ate just a little back in mid-March).  I upscaled the recipe for 3 servings (shown below) but believed it would be plenty for four.  I used mini farfalle pasta as I believe shaped pasta works better with chunky sauces – it’s hard to get a mushroom to cling to rolled up spaghetti on a fork.  As you can tell from Chef Dennis’ pic below, he added the sauce over the plated pasta while I mixed them together prior to plating.  Click on the above link for the original recipe and more photos.

Spaghetti D’Angelo

Ingredients:

1½ cup crushed tomatoes (I used Petite Diced)

1¼ cup heavy cream

1¼ cup chicken stock

¾ cup grated Romano cheese (I used Parmesan)

1½ tbsp olive oil

9 oz mushrooms sliced (I used cremini)

¾ cup sweet baby peas

3 oz prosciutto cut into strips

16 oz spaghetti or the pasta of your choice

¼ tsp black pepper

¾ tsp granulated garlic

¾ tsp granulated onion

additional Romano cheese to serve with dish

Instructions:

1. Get all of the sauce ingredients ready.

2. Boil water per directions for pasta and cook pasta.

3. Add the olive oil and mushroom to a saute pan over high heat and saute the mushrooms until fully cooked.

4. Add the crushed tomatoes to the pan and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.

5. Add the chicken stock and heavy cream to the pan. Mix well and bring to a low boil, allowing the sauce to reduce for 3-4 minutes.

6. Add the Romano cheese, making sure the cheese is well blended into the sauce.

7. Add the prosciutto, peas, herbs and seasonings to the pan. Mix well and bring to a light boil.  Stir hard to break up the prosciutto. Taste and adjust seasonings.

8. Drain the cooked pasta and return to the cooking pot.

9. Add the sauce to the pasta and stir well.


10. Plate, top with a little more grated cheese, and serve.


The Verdict:

Bev and I bought thought it was very good and a definite make-again recipe.  The one thing I will do differently next time is have the prosciutto sliced thicker then cut into match sticks as it was hard to get the thin slices to separate once I stacked them to slice into strips.

And how to you improve on a delicious dish?

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

05/16/22 event date

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious and anything chef dennis makes is fabulous enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef Dennis always has some good pasta recipes. This looks delicious, can't beat pasta with a creamy cheesy sauce. Our grocery store sells proscuitto and pancetta that are already diced. I like using that for recipes rather than slicing myself - for the same reason you state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to indulge in some tasty pasta. I was really hoping to see the leftovers for breakfast with your perfectly cooked eggs. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larry, Laurie and I are back from our family trip and I'm catching up on the blog world. Laurie would love this pasta dish. On our trip she ordered a number of dishes that she normally doesn't get to enjoy at home... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments