Monday, March 28, 2022

Baked Cod Recipe

We had a piece of Pacific cod in the freezer that I had been wanting to eat and when I saw a blogger buddies recipe for baked snook, my plan was to use it but then I decided to save it for when I could add all of the bread crumbs and not feel guilty.  So, I went in search of other recipes and found a good sounding one for “LemonGarlic Baked Cod” on the Healthy Recipes blog.  

My piece of fish only weighed 11oz, and the recipe was for 24oz. so I cut everything in half to get the recipe below.  You can get the original recipe and pics by clicking on the above link.

Lemon Garlic Baked Cod - Adapted from Healthy Recipes blog

The Ingredients:

1 tablespoons unsalted butter melted

½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice

½ tablespoon minced fresh garlic

½ teaspoon kosher salt

¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 tablespoons capers drained

11 oz. pacific cod filet

½ teaspoon paprika (I just sprinkled some on)

The Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.

2. In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the capers.

3. Place the cod fillets in the baking dish and season with S&P.

4. Pour the butter mixture on top. Use a brush if needed to evenly distribute the thick sauce on top of the fillets. Sprinkle with the paprika.

5. Bake, uncovered, until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.  Larry cook’s his to an internal temp of 130F which may not be done enough for some folks.

6. Larry added a little shredded cheddar and put it back in the oven to melt a little.


I ate half the fish and sided it with the cauliflower from my previous post for a healthy, enjoyable supper.

The Verdict:

I really enjoyed it as it has many flavors that I like.  It's like the baked version of he lemon, butter, caper crappie we make in a skillet pretty often.  I have to eat baked fish while Bev is away as she is not a fan.

At 195 calories for my 6oz serving of the fish and the same for one sixth of the cauliflower (which I didn’t eat), I was well under my 450 calorie supper limit.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

03/20/22 event date

4 comments:

  1. We use a lot of cod and haddock here. Love it not fond of capers so I leave them out but this sure looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, That is a really great looking slab of baked cod...seasoned nicely and prepped just the way we like it! Of course, we have rarely cooked fresh fish at home. Don't know why other than we aren't experienced and feel intimidated. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make this with black cod. Looks delish. We're caper fans around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are eating such tasty food while you are trying to get your weight down for surgery. The fish looks & sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments