Sunday, February 27, 2022

Grilled Mojo Chicken

I was looking for a different chicken recipe for our Friday group and since I have always had success with those from Kevin’s “Closet Cooking” blog, I went there first.  We really enjoy Cuban mojo sauce so his recipe for Grilled Mojo Chicken sounded just right. I tripled the amount of sauce for the four pounds of chicken that I had but you can click on the above link for the original recipe and more pics like this.

Grilled Mojo Chickenadapted from Closet Cooking

The Ingredients:

4 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts

9 cloves garlic

¾ cup onion, roughly chopped

1½ cup fresh orange juice

¾ cup lemon juice

¾ cup lime juice

¾ cup oil

1½ cup cilantro, loosely packed

3 teaspoon oregano

3 teaspoon cumin

3 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoon pepper

The Directions:

1. Trim the chicken and tenderize with a Jaccard.

2. Use a food processor or blender, to puree the sauce ingredients. (None of my tools would actually puree the mix like in Kevin’s pic above but the food processor worked best).


3. Marinate the chicken in two cups of the mojo sauce for 20 minutes to overnight. (Larry did 5 hours)

4. Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken and grill over medium-high heat until cooked through and lightly charred on both sides.  (Larry cooked to an internal temp of 158F)

5. Enjoy with the remaining mojo sauce either added to the chicken or in a bowl on the side for dipping, which was our choice.

We served it with some boiled potatoes that were plate mashed and some steamed broccoli for me.  I should have added a little sauce to the chicken for a better pic.

The Verdict:

The chicken was a big hit and the mojo sauce was too good to just throw away so after removing the chicken from the marinade, I boiled the sauce so I could save it for other uses.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

02/25/22 event date

6 comments:

  1. Larry, Great way to prepare chicken...lots of flavor popping! Healthy meal too... Unfortunately, due to my meds, I am off my favorite veggie, steamed broccoli, as well as leafy greens, green beans, etc. I sure do miss a nice salad but tomatoes with a couple slices of cucumber or squash just don't do it for me... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love a good mojo marinade-especially when its grilled.

    It's good to be back! Hope all is well.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! I'm going to have to try this one. We're getting closer and closer to that grill coming out of hibernation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! You can't go wrong with a Kevin recipe. Your whole meal sounds healthy & delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments