Thursday, October 1, 2015

2015 Western Trip – Day 67 – Hanging in Oak Grove, MO

Our plan was to pull out of Oak Grove on Mon, but I was still very tired on Sunday and my foot was acting up so we decided to stay an extra day.  Basically, we just hung out and I took some anti-inflammatory pills that Pat just happened to have with her.

For supper we opted for take-out from a locally famous place called PT’s Family Restaurant which is known for its breaded pork tenderloin and onion rings.  Since ours was take-out I didn’t get any shots so I lifted some from their website and since we had also eaten there our first night, I know they are accurate.

These are their famous huge onion rings – about 6” diameter x 1” thick and very good.



This is their signature breaded pork tenderloin (yep they claim it’s tenderloin) as a meal with gravy (Bev's choice) or as just a sandwich.



If you’re ever in the area and like this type of food (and your body can stand it), I suggest you stop by.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/28/15 event date

5 comments:

  1. The tenderloin almost looks like a pork schnitzel very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, just not sure my arteries are up to it :) I wouldn't need to eat again for a very long time...
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, Damn gout! I feel your pain... PT's looks like a good lunch destination on our next journey to Omaha. That pork tenderloin sandwich looks great...a lot like the one offered by Hot Rod 50's in Maryville. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting full just looking at all of that food ;) Hope your foot feels better soon, Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those onion rings do look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments