Friday, April 30, 2010

Taters And Eggs

I love when this happens. Bev got up about 8:30 the other day, and I offered to take her out for breakfast to which she declined. But I may have planted the idea of potatoes in her mind as she nearly always has them when we do go out. She headed for the kitchen and before I knew it she had whipped up a batch of fried taters and onions with diced jalapeno and cheddar cheese. Oh my, this is good eats. Of course I topped mine with a couple of fried eggs – one of which got a little damaged in transition and sided it with a little Canadian bacon & Czech sausage. I hate it about the egg as I was working on my presentation – note the parsley. Bev said she liked the pic that way and since I cut the eggs up and mix with the potatoes to eat them, nothing lost by the broken yolk. Here’s a couple shots of the process and my plate.




Just another breakfast here at Almost Heaven South. Thanks for stopping by.

Larry

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite breakfasts, Big Dude. The jalapeno is a tasty addition to those spuds. Breakfast is a weekend thing around here but I don't know if I can wait till tomorrow to get out my cast iron skillet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo craving some fried eggs right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omgY

    That would be oh my gosh YUM! Nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again the breakfast is great. I may have to visit for a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Larry...That looks good.... I love 'fried taters'--but don't eat them much... AND adding the eggs just enhances a great breakfast.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The broken yolk adds to the pic I think. I swear I think I can smell the onions and taters frying from here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments