Thursday, November 16, 2017

Reheated Chicken Pepperoni And A Funny

My last post was about Chicken Pepperoni and it ended with how I froze them. 




A couple of folks asked me to advise how this worked out so here it is.  I put one piece of chicken and one helping of pasta on a plate, covered, and let them thaw in the fridge, then prior to reheating I sat them out for an hour or so.  For dinner, I nuked them until everything was hot (pasta got there first) and they looked like this.


Bev and I split this pretty big plate of food.  As best I could tell they tasted pretty much the same as fresh – chicken and pasta both reheat well.  The big difference was the amount of liquid on the plate (at the top), which I believe was due to freezing the veggies and I think this is normal.

The Funny
Bev makes really good pizza, in part because she piles on the ingredients.  She recently decided it was time and she went freezer diving for toppings coming back with some venison Italian sausage and some meatballs.  Prior to chunking for the pizza, she flattened the meatballs and fried them in a skillet early in the afternoon.  

As I often do, I broke off a little piece to try as I walked by and thought it tasted odd and a little salty and Bev also thought they tasted a little odd.  Wanting a little snack later, I decided to eat a whole one and noticed the somewhat mushy texture and a decided heat level.  Remembering what they looked like while thawing and knowing what we had in the freezer, I told Bev we were actually having boudin balls for one of our toppings - we had picked them up from Herbert’s in Louisiana - they worked very well as one of the toppings and the pizza was delicious.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

11/14/17 Meal Date

8 comments:

  1. Larry, Venison Italian sausage and boudin balls for a pizza topping... Different for sure but it sounds good to me! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken looks good, and I'm sure the pizza was different. But, hey, you don't have to stick with traditional ingredients, right? Hereabouts they put broccoli and cheese alone on top of a crust and call it white pizza. So whatever works....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your freezer - always so many fun things to be found there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that you chicken heated up nicely and pizza would have been very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy accident for sure. Love spicy everything :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Larry and Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this sounds amazing Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chicken and spaghetti look terrific! I am so happy to hear that they reheated so well.

    Glad the boudin balls worked out well on the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all chicken dishes! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments