Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shrimp Fried Rice Ala Mary

For the second time this week, we had a meal from Mary at One Perfect Bite.  The first was the Southwestern Pork and Poblano Stew and this one was Shrimp Fried Rice.  I won’t bother to republish Mary’s recipe since I followed it as written except we used some snow peas we had on hand rather than edamame, which I’ve actually never eaten.  

Check out Mary’s excellent blog for the recipe and a much better shot than mine.

It was enjoyed by all of us and Bev told me to be sure I saved this recipe – she commented a couple of more times during the evening how much she liked it then told a friend the next day and gave her the recipe.  I believe it would be equally good as pork fried rice or chicken fried rice.  Thanks Mary.

Not my best side but neighbor, Steve, drove by and had to take this shot of driver and navigator hard at work at the ranch - using his tractor.

WINNING THE LOTTERY
Bev is off to Sint Maarten for her annual trip with Pat (I went last year) and I've been eating up the leftovers - so far it's been Senate Bean Soup and some kind of brisket mystery stew that I ate over leftover rice and hoped it wasn't for the dogs - tasted good though and didn't make me sick.  While digging around the fridge tonight, I discovered a 2-3 meal bowl of leftover Pork Poblano Stew and felt like I'd won the lottery - I'm easily pleased.

Photos best if enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

3/28/13 meal date

14 comments:

  1. Nice fried rice Larry. I would have substituted snow peas too. I'm not all that fond of edamame either. You're doing chores and Bev is Sint Maarten. I do believe that she won the lottery as opposed to staying home and plowing the garden :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary always has great recipes. I love fried rice of any kind. I agree with Sam. Bev is probably having more fun than you are. But somebody has to plow the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "tasted good though and didn't make me sick" - lol, that is such a guy statement there!! :)
    How can you not help but want to try every recipe Mary posts? Love shrimp fried rice and yours looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, You and Sweetie look right at home on the tractor! That shrimp fried rice looks good too! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention,Larry. I'm so glad you enjoyed the rice. I love the tractor photo. You look like you were born to drive that tractor :-) I hope you have an easy week of "batching" it. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary's fried rice recipe looks delicious. Fried rice is a great way to use leftovers too. When I discover something inviting in the refrigerator I feel like I won the lottery too.

    Enjoy that spring weather.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shrimp fried rice looks and sounds excellent! Mary has great recipes. Enjoy your alone time at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the little things that truly make us happy! Enjoy your alone time - and I love Mary's blog - the fried rice looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always do a ham fried rice, need to try Mary's shrimp fried rice. Hasn't it been beautiful these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the link to that recipe. I must try it. I'm a big fried rice fan. And...."nothing runs like a deer" In all of his years of farming, there was never a piece of equipment in our fields that wasn't green. And good for Sweetie for helping. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe is right up my alley and I'll be trotting over to Mary's blog to find the recipe!

    Hope Bev has a great time on her trip and you have a great time with your lottery meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a sidekick to help with the tractor work. As long as she doesn't start to think she can push you around. Hope Bev and Pat are having fun in the sun, and not driving the gents crazy without you around to keep them at bay....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi hope Bev is having a great time on vacation. Don't work too hard...but it is nice to know you have help with the heavy work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweetie Pie is such a tough boss, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments