Friday, September 3, 2010

Smoked Salmon Pizza Inspiration

I had a piece of cold smoked salmon and Naan bread in the fridge both looking for a dish to be used in. I spent some time the other day browsing thru Sam Hofer’s “My Carolina Kitchen” blog and, much to my pleasure, came across a recipe for a pizza using these very ingredients. Since Bev doesn’t eat raw fish, I decided to make it for lunch as we often eat different things for breakfast and lunch anyway. I didn’t get a picture, but it looked like the one on Sam’s site.

Since I still had all of the ingredients, I decided to try it for breakfast as an omelet, but Bev suggested we wait for dinner to match her schedule for the day. I made a 3 egg omelet and stuffed it with the salmon, capers and onions, then topped it with a sour cream horseradish sauce. Sorry the shot is a little blurry.


Sided it with some home fries made from potatoes Bev and boiled the other day, with a little added onion and sweet pepper.


Here’s my plate.



It was good, but not as good as the pizza, which I thought was great. I think the slight cooking of the stuffing ingredients that occurred after the omelet was flipped muted the flavors somewhat.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping in.

Larry

8 comments:

  1. I crown you the king of "using things up" - seriously you are a genius at it. Would you please come to my house and do something with all the stuff languishing in my fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the Smoked Salmon Pizza on the Naan bread Larry. Thanks for the shout-out. Naan bread comes in handy for a lot of things.

    Pam is right - you ARE the king of great ways to use things in the refrig. Love those potatoes O'Brian with the omelet. They're one of my favorites.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Larry, I like salmon (some of the time)--but would not choose to put it on my omelet... Think I'll pass on that one... ha...

    Have fun on your trip.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Bev on requiring my fish to be cooked. My daughters think I'm nuts, so she can join me in the Cooked Fish Only Club. Pam's right; you are the King of Use It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I'm not a huge fish fan I can say that those home fries look spectacular, Larry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love smoked salmon - the pizza sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for to accolades, but I'm just a disciple of Chez at Fat Johnnys Front Porch - he turns his left overs into gourmet dishes - but I'm learning and more willing to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those capers got my attention! Love them. Both dishes sound great Larry.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments