Thursday, April 22, 2010

Next Stop - Korea

Wow, what a week at Almost Heaven South - a death in the family & funeral, a kid in from Korea, the garden project planting, a veggie training presentation, Bev's birthday, and a field trip to Rutledge. This is at least a couple of months of normal happenings for this old retired guy. Think I'll plant my few maters and peppers today and take tomorrow off - if I can work it out with the boss that is.

For my last chance to show off my meat smoking and breakfast cooking for Rhett, this was the final breakfast – this is actually my plate. I wanted him to try the Czech sausage and this one was the pork/beef blend made back on January 13. So it was just a simple quick nuke for the sausage, a couple of sunny side up and toasted English muffin.


Brisket – it’s what’s for breakfast. The previous day he had a brisket sandwich with a little Gates Extra Hot Sauce.


He’s not a big eater (Army guys have to stay in shape you know), but in another couple of days, I could have laid some sausage gravy and biscuits or brisket hash and eggs on him - you other kids should come visit for breakfast more often :-)

He’s about back in Korea now (left he at 8:30am Wed) and it was great that he got to spend some quality time alone with daughter Alex. He and family are due back in the states this summer for the next assignment.

Well, have a special day and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

7 comments:

  1. Man you have been busy. We are not family, but I would travel from Korea for food like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though the circumstances weren't the best, it's great that you got to see (and cook for) your son. That meaty breakfast looks pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have had a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a well deserved "take a big breath" day of relaxation is ahead for you. As always, that food looks fabulous. Great sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been really busy and you still found time to cook some good looking food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like my father in law. He's supposed to be "retired" but now he consults for the same company and works as hard as he ever did!

    And now it's midnight and I want eggs for some reason...

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! When I was over there, I didn't get to come home at all... and I didn't eat a great breakfast for over a year.
    that looks REALLY good!

    losferwords

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments