Sunday, April 4, 2010

Good Friday Breakfast

A sports comment to start - oh well, maybe next year, great season Mountaineers.

Bev’s mom has been in the hospital for a week and she and her sister are sharing time over there. Since Friday was Bev’s day, I decided to send her off with a nice Good Friday breakfast. We had a few mushrooms and some asparagus in the frig and it sounded like the makings of a fine scramble to me - I added some onion, garlic, and Swiss cheese to round it off. I had thawed a whole pork loin the other day to make some Canadian bacon and for other uses (subjects of future blogs). One of the things I did was make some ¼” thick slices to quick cook for breakfast and for today I decided to grill them – it was a beautiful morning to be outside cooking and sipping coffee. Since I was out there anyway, I just cooked the eggs on the grill side burner – I used to think I didn’t need a side burner, but it sure is handy (kinda of like thinking I didn’t want a car with a compass in it, but I sure miss it in the current car).

I first got everything ready in the kitchen.


Then moved it all outside – some other stuff is on the other side of the grill – note the daffodils in the woods.


I started by sautéing the veggies in a little oil, and when the asparagus still had a little crispness, I added the eggs and cheese and put the meat on. I just put S&P on the pork, but next time will flavor it up a little more – I was too busy concentrating on great eggs. Here is the scramble in the pan.


Here are a couple shots of my plate.



The scramble was delicious and it's a shame Bev didn't have more time to relax and enjoy it, but such is life.

Have a Happy Easter as we celebrate this very special day, and thanks for stopping by.

Larry

2 comments:

  1. We didn't get the side burner on my grill....darnit

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. My new grill does have a side burner - now I just need to figure out what to do with it too lol.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments