Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Breakfast Dilemma & My Mailbox Walk

Yesterday was BBQ day and I was in a real quandary for breakfast this morning. I’d just finished splitting a brisket and kept thinking – “what could I possibly eat this morning?” Hum, er, hum again


Need I say more?

Mother Nature is making my trip to the mailbox prettier every day. This is my route. Bev's garden is to the right of the drive but not much happening there since the daffodills quit flowering, except the wisteria which is opening.


The crab apples put on their leaves and then the blooms.


The tulips are at least 3 years old and usually only look good for a year or two.


This from the mailbox toward my fallow garden.


And from the garden back to the mailbox. I really like these redbuds as they are darker than the wild ones and they have reddish leaves.


I notice I have a few new followers - welcome. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. The title pic is a camellia bloom.

Larry

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. As of yesterday, we can finally claim "no snow" in our yard. In the 70's today, I think spring has finally made it to the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely grounds. I'd never come inside :-). Have a fabulous day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your crabapple blooms look like they are about 2-3 weeks ahead of mine at work.

    What a tough walk to the mailbox, you must hate it (ha ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, Larry! I love living near the woods, too. I'm jealous that your trees are blooming . . . it takes a little longer up here as winter just refuses to let go. Love the pictures of your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if my comment published, Larry, so I'll do it again... You can delete this one IF it did publish... Crazy Blogger...

    Thanks for showing us around your beautiful yard, Larry. Spring is showing off and your colors are gorgeous. You do live in a pretty area.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a perfect breakfast!!!!! Hello, I just "found" you on another blog and, being a southerner transplanted elsewhere, I thought I'd drop in and visit for a spell. Lovely surroundings!! I'm from southwestern Virginia originally.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great breakfast! I love all your lovely photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im kind of a newbie-have never posted, but have been reading and enjoying your blog for quite a few months now. Thanks for the good reads!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments