Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Store Bought Ravioli For Supper

You’ve heard of homemade Italian cooking including the pasta and I’m sure several sites are devoted to it. If you watch the food network, you surely know of Sandra Lee’s semi-homemade cooking by now. But this supper wasn’t either one of those – I did the suggesting and Bev did the ccoking.

She opened a package of Member’s Mark Grilled Chicken & Four Cheese Ravioli from Sam’s Club and a jar of Classico Marinaro and she sautéed some mushrooms that needed to be used. We did top it with some fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and sided with a fresh cut up salad with choice of homemade dressing and garlic bread made from a baguette leftover from the Superbowl party. Here’s a shot of my plate.


It certainly wasn't the excellent Italian food I grew up with, but it was better than I thought it would be. I’m sure you knew we didn’t cook up homemade meals every day, but wanted to be sure by posting this. (LOL)

The title pic is a smoked beer can chicken from last summer.

Have a great day and I enjoy your comments and suggestions.

Larry

7 comments:

  1. Larry, too often we "foodies" get wrapped up in homemade. But lets face it, sometimes you can't beat store bought. I know I use a lot of items that one just can't duplicate.

    This looks like a great dinner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love store bought ravioli for dinner. They taste great and it is SO easy. We buy some fresh pasta from Whole Foods on occasion and it is better than most restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've walked by the pre-made ravioli many times and wondered what it would taste like.
    Thanks for giving me the courage to buy a pack Big Dude. :) Your meal looks great!

    Beautiful bird too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ravioli's and salad! The smoked chicken looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had Sam's lasagna--and it's really good. I'll have to try the ravioli. We buy all of our meats at Sam's (frozen boneless-skinless chicken breasts, beef, pork and their hamburger).. ALL are excellent --and their hamburger is the best I've ever bought. I don't think that Sam's is cheaper --but the quality is there.

    It's snowing like crazy here today.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect weeknight dinner! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny. I bought a big box of gnocchi there last Friday but haven't tried it yet.

    Like you, every night here isn't a culinary wonderland. But there's always something good to eat, even when we use shortcuts.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments