Friday, February 5, 2010

Asparagus And Crab Scramble

On Jan 26, Lea Ann over at Mangos, Chili and Z made a meal she called Crabby Uncle Louie and I wanted to give it a try, with a slight modification. Last night, I intentionally cooked extra crab for our surf n turf meal, so we’d have enough leftovers to make it. However, when the time came and I hate to admit this, but I was too lazy to make the sauce, even though it looked easy, so I decided on my old standby – a scramble.

I first sautéed the asparagus in a little olive oil until it was warmed through, then added the crab and warmed it. Here’s these two steps.


I added the beaten eggs to which I’d added some shredded farmers cheese and began the slow cooking process.



I topped it with a little more grated farmers, some grated parmesan and sided it with a piece of toast.


I thought it was very good, but wish I’d gone with my original plan which was to make everything like Lee Ann's but rather than poach the eggs and serve on an English muffin, I was going to bake the eggs in a hollowed out roll, then proceed as she did. Maybe next time.

I will make this again as well, but next time I’ll add a couple more spears of asparagus and use a more flavorful cheese, like Asiago or I’ll top it with Lea Ann’s fake Hollandaise Sauce, as she calls it. Hey, with a green veggie, steamed fish, dairy, and eggs, this is even pretty healthy - at least compared to most of the meals I post, I just needed a little fruit on the side.

The title photo is our cute grandaughter, Alex, who’s been living with us since last May – she’s very photogenic and actually did some modeling in Korea but I couldn’t figure out how to get those pictures to here - techno challenged you know. She's now 12 going on 20 or 7, depending on the situation.

Have a great day and I enjoy your comments and suggestions.

Larry

4 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is a very pretty girl. I love the line about going on 20 or 7 - lol, I have one like that at home only she's 15!

    I saw Lee Ann's Crabby Louis but I like yours too. I get ambitious and then fizzle out at the end sometimes too...depends on if I'm going on 50 or 20 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin those scrambled eggs and thanks for the shout out! And here I thought you were going to do a steak and egg thing with those left overs. Beautiful granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex is a beautiful girl, Larry. Great picture of her... I can believe that she can be a model.

    Your Asparagus and Crab dish sounded great.. I may try that sometime ---if I can ever afford a stalk of asparagus...

    Glad we are just getting rain and not snow.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a breakfast that will make you skip lunch! Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments