Monday, December 11, 2023

Tennessee Travelers (RV Travel Club) Christmas Luncheon & Beef Stew For Friday

We had our annual club Christmas Luncheon at Chesapeake’sSeafood House in downtown Knoxville on Dec 5.  Thirteen of us were able to attend and as always it’s good to have one final visit with friends before winter and the end of our rallies until April.

When I was working and had occasion to take visitors out to dinner, I nearly always picked Chesapeake’s as it had the only really good seafood in the Knoxville area.  It’s been at least 30 years since I last ate there so I was looking forward to a re-visit.  Here we are as the two late arrivals (bad traffic) were finishing up their meals.

Bev had the Oyster Caesar Salad which was delicious for both the salad and the oysters.

I had a daily special of Sole Provencale which came with rice and I sided it with their homemade onion rings.  

I thought the onion rings were very good but the fish was just okay as it was over-cooked and the Provencale sauce seemed like it was made in a big batch at the beginning of lunch and had been sitting since then. 

While the prices were very reasonable, the food was not as good as I remembered from years ago which seems to be the case too often these days.

A very special surprise was the gift given to us by Sandy Lusk - A hand towel with all of the members name on it - Thank you Sandy.


Beef Stew 

Later that week, I bought a chuck roast to go with a rump roast from our freezer that needed to be cooked so I used a previous recipe for Beef Stew For A Crowd and turned it into this for our Friday card group.  It was delicious again and I increased the cornstarch and water to 1/2 cup each and the gravy was just right.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

12/5/23 meal date

4 comments:

  1. Good to see all our Tennessee Travelers. Thank you Sandy for the Hand Towel. Merry Christmas to all our TT friends.
    Dick and Marge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, Nice way to cap off the club's year of adventures. According to Laurie, we ate at Chesapeake's when we first came to town. I have no memory of the experience...but then again I can blame age for that fact. We do keep talking about having dinner there so time will tell. Love the beef stew! One of my favorite dishes! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hand towel is adorable and such a thoughtful gift! I'm sorry the food wasn't as good as you remembered at your old favorite restaurant--I hate it when that happens. Your beef stew looks hearty, comforting, and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments