Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Brisket & Halibut Tostadas And Gnocchi Something For Breakfasts

After four gourmet meal posts, it's time to get back to the basics - breakfasts from leftovers.

When I posted about my foot surgery, I said I probably wouldn't be posting as much but as it turns out, I have all day to plan meals and Bev and Cindy are both cooking so I actually have more to post about than before.

As usual, I’ve been trying to use our leftovers for breakfast as I believe nearly everything is good topped with an egg.

I still had a few brisket slices in the fridge and Chef LeaAnn’s recent tostada post inspired me to make one for breakfast.  It was built from a fried corn tortilla, reheated brisket, diced onion, sliced white cheddar in a skillet with a lid to melt the cheese, then topped with a fried egg from another skillet.



After a couple of bites, Bev suggested some salsa (which I forgot we had) which made it even better.

This was a delicious breakfast and a great use for the last of the brisket.

Then for supper the next night, Cindy fried up some halibut courtesy of her friend who fishes in Alaska and sided it with Spinach Salad With Watermelon and Feta using Pam’s recipe on her “For The Love Of Cooking” blog.

Since we had several pieces of fish leftover, I thought another tostada was in order – think open faced fish taco.  It was built as follows:

Fry a corn tortilla on both sides then plate and add a smear of remoulade, the chopped halibut, diced pickled jalapenos, sliced provolone and nuke for 1½ minutes.  Add a couple of sunny side up eggs and enjoy.

It was delicious, as expected.

The next morning with some halibut still remaining, and some gnocchi alfredo from another meal, I opted to combine them all into a dish I’m not sure what to call except it was delicious. Bev chopped the halibut a little, mixed it with the gnocchi, and nuked, then topped with a couple of farm fresh fried eggs kinda like fried potatoes and eggs..

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

07/30-8/1/22 meal dates

4 comments:

  1. Larry, hope you are recovering quickly from your foot surgery. I would definitely enjoy this brisket tortilla anytime of day. I think using leftovers can make for some creative dishes. As always, this is a good one.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling!!! So many tasty meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those delicious yolky egg leftover breakfasts!!! Drooling. The fried halibut looks tasty too. Thanks for the shoutout & link.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments