Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Catfish For Supper And Fritatta For Breakfast

We had three final eggplant remaining in the garden and Cindy decided to turn them into skillet eggplant parmesan and, while not a natural pairing, fish is always a hit here so she fried up some catfish and made tartar sauce.



Both were delicious and she used Zatarain's Fish Fry to get a nice crispy coating on the fish.

pics

While cooking catfish the other day, the pan oil got too hot so I turned off the heat and added a whole potato to the oil to cool it down and as a result, we had a partially cooked potato left over.  We also still had some of that delicious AlCapone roast in the fridge and a breakfast idea was born. 

I considered an omelet, then a scramble but finally opted for a stove-top frittata.  I diced and finished cooking the potato with some chopped onion in olive oil over medium high heat, then a chopped up a slice of the roast and added it to the skillet to warm it.  


I reduced the heat to low (so the egg would not scorch), added two beaten eggs, some shredded cheddar and a lid to cook until the eggs were set and the cheese was melted.


It got a little damaged coming out of the pan but it was still delicious.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

10/30/20 meal date

6 comments:

  1. Larry, Great looking catfish! Then you had to show off and come up with one more 'big dude' special breakfast. Once again, my modest breakfast efforts are mere wisps of imitation in comparison. Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. You catch that one from our dock???Had a great time.....HRB..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome catfish, and I love eggplant but Bill doesn't, but I love love breakfast! Hard to beat a frittata! Damaged looks fantastic to me! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love what you did wit that fish and the frittata is a favorite here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everything looks delicious but that skillet frittata has me drooling.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments