Thursday, July 23, 2026

Turkey (And Ham) Club Sliders

We were planning to have a big Chef’s Salad for our Friday card group, but since the lettuce parasite scare was going on, we switched to sandwiches and decided to use Pam’s recent recipe for Turkey Club Sliders but when Bev advised that she preferred ham, my first thought was to make half the sliders with each.  But then I just decided to use both on all of the sliders.  I also made a double batch of the mayo and changed the slider assembly process a little but the original can be found by clicking on the above link.


Turkey (And Ham) Club SlidersAdapted from For The Love Of Cooking

Ingredients:

Garlic-Basil Mayonnaise - double recipe

½ cup of mayonnaise

4 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped

2 cloves of garlic finely grated (Larry make it into paste with a knife blade)

Freshly cracked black pepper to taste

Turkey Club Sliders:

6 slices of bacon

1 package of savory buttery Hawaiian rolls sliced in half horizontally

6 slices of Havarti cheese (Larry used Dill)

8 oz deli turkey sliced

Sliced tomatoes that we had on hand

Iceberg lettuce finely shredded

¼ Vidalia onion, sliced thin

Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.

Instructions:

Make the garlic-basil mayonnaise by combining the mayonnaise, finely chopped basil, garlic, and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Stir until well combined and set aside to let the flavors mingle.

Chop the bacon and cook slowly in a sauce pan or skillet. Place on paper towels to drain the grease (Larry did 24oz to ensure leftovers).

Prepare the rolls by slicing them in half horizontally and placing them both cut-side up.

Begin the sliders by spreading the garlic-basil mayonnaise evenly on both halves of the Hawaiian rolls.

Add the crumbled bacon to the bottom half so it will stick to the mayo.

Layer the turkey on top of the bacon.


Layer the Havarti cheese on top of the turkey.

Next, layer the tomato slices and onions, then season them with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. 


Next, layer the ham slices on top of the cheese.  Side Note: Loosely fold or ruffle the slices to create airy layers for the slider (Larry’s was sliced too thick for this).

Finally, add the shredded lettuce and, and season with freshly cracked black pepper to taste, if desired.

Finish the sliders by topping with the top layer of slider rolls, and slicing into sliders. Serve and enjoy.


We sided them with an ear of delicious boiled corn.

The Verdict:

They were very good and a hit with everyone with the only negative being that they were too tall and a little hard to keep together while eating. The height was caused by the extra meat and the thick slices of cheese – I thought I was buying thinly pre-sliced Havarti but I could only slice it pretty thick.  Next time, I’ll follow Pam’s recipe more closely.  Also, I used all of the double recipe of mayo.  Thanks Pam for a great meal idea and letting us know about the savory rolls as I won't buy the sweet ones.

 Photos can be slightly enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

7/17/25 event date

1 comment:

I appreciate and enjoy your comments