Friday, December 9, 2022

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Potatoes

When Mary posted the recipe for Roasted Chicken Thighs with Red Potatoes on her “Vegetable Recipes” blog, I decided it would be a good use of the thighs I had in the freezer as we like lemony dishes.  I followed her recipe except I used larger Yukon Gold potatoes and I increased the amounts for my number of thighs and extra potatoes.  For the original recipe and some delicious looking pics, just click on the above link to visit Mary’s site.

Roasted Chicken Thighs And PotatoesAdapted from Vegetable Recipes

Ingredients:

7 small to medium bone-in chicken thighs

2 lbs. waxy potatoes, halved or quartered (I wanted leftovers)

1/3 cup olive oil

2½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice

5 cloves garlic minced

1¾ teaspoons kosher salt

1¼ tablespoon Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.

2. Place the chicken and potatoes on a large baking sheet.  I prefer to do this in a bowl.

3. Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic together with all of the spices.

4. Drizzle the spice mixture over the meat and potatoes (together or separately depending on bowl size).  Use your hands to stir the pieces around a bit and make sure everything is well coated.

5. Add everything to a large baking sheet making sure the thighs are skin-side up and drizzle any extra liquid from the bowl around the pan.


6. Place the pan in the center of the oven and roast for approximately 50 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through (I go to 175-180F internal temp for thighs) and the potatoes are tender and slightly crisp.

We plated and served with a side salad.  To improve the experience, roll the potatoes around the liquid in the pan bottom as you remove yours - which I did after plating these.


The Verdict:

It was delicious and we all enjoyed it and I will make it again with two changes.  First, I will omit the salt from the sauce and salt everything to my taste on the pan and second, I will use 3 tbsp. of lemon juice plus serve with lemon wedges in case I want a little more on my chicken.  Tossing everything in a bowl worked great and I made sure all of the remaining sauce went onto the pan.  The cooking time was just right for both the chix and the potatoes.  Thanks for a great meal Mary.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

12/06/22 meal date

5 comments:

  1. Larry, I love roasted chicken and potatoes. One of my very favorite dishes is Greek lemon chicken with potatoes. Of course, I always sprinkle a little Tabasco over my plate of food too. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell just how this is seasoned it was spectacular in flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sheet pan meals! This one looks easy & delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar recipe on my site where Olives are added. One of our favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a similar recipe on my site with the addition of olives. We love the combo.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments