Monday, June 17, 2019

Grilled Chicken Thighs With Mango Salsa

Cindy recently returned from a family visit in Florida and brought us a gift of three salsas, one of which was Mango, and I decided to give it a try on grilled chicken thighs.  We had six thighs and I decided to use BBQ sauce on three and mango salsa on the others – since it was chunky, I blended up some for brushing. 


I began the process by salting the thighs and brushing both sides with oil.


I cooked them over medium heat starting with the skin side down and after the first flip I brushed the cooked side with sauce and continued this process until the thighs reached an internal temp of 170F – about 5 flips with the lid closed between them.  After the final flip, I added a generous topping of salsa to my piece – due to the heat level, Bev and Cindy declined the additional.



We sided the chicken with a Bev salad – creamy feta on mine – for meal that we all thought was delicious.  The salsa worked very well on the chicken and I think I’ll try it on salmon next and I believe it would also work well on fish tacos - I now look forward to trying the other two salsas.


Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

6/10/19 event date


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like one very tasty meal, we do love our chicken as well. The salsa would be interesting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect match for chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that idea of fish tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, Nice looking meal! Chicken thighs are the only chicken that we cook at home. More flavor and they're also more moist. Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments