Sunday, February 15, 2015

2015 Blogger Party and Breakfast From Leftovers

Greetings fellow bloggers – We are happy to announce that the 6th rendition of our annual blogger party will be held at Almost Heaven South during Memorial Day Weekend.  Chris (Nibble Me This) and I still have the final details to work out but wanted to tell you the possible dates (most likely May 24) in hopes you would pencil it in on your calendar.  We would appreciate if you would mention it on your blogs as well so more people will be aware of the event. 

Date: Memorial Day Weekend (popular recommendation from last year’s attendees)
Time: TBD
Place: Almost Heaven South in Greenback, TN
Theme: Tapas Party (another popular recommendation from last years attendees)

Many of you have expressed a desire to come in the past so why not make this your year – before I get too old to host them.

More details will follow in March.


Another Dippy Egg Meal From Leftovers 

Referring back to my previous post on how I cook dippy eggs, I mentioned they could be used in other ways and my favorite is with potatoes and onions.  I kicked this one up a little by adding some other ingredients and using the leftovers from the previous night’s meal. 


I started the breakfast meal buy slicing some onions, julienning a green bell pepper, chopping a seeded jalapeno and cooking them in olive oil (drat I realized as I was typing this that I forgot the garlic).  After they had been tossed a few times, I added the cubed leftover potatoes - I love that I took the time to learn to toss a skillet full of ingredients. 



After the potatoes had cooked to nearly ready, I added the diced the pork chop and a couple pieces of diced breakfast sausage (cooked previously) and cooked until they were warmed through.


In the meantime I cooked the eggs as I did in the previous post and topped the potato mixture with them.



Where you go from here is a personal choice, but this is what I do.


This meal was totally delicious and I liked the way all of the flavors worked together, including the BBQ sauce on the pork chop.  It was a great way to begin the day and I ate it using the same goal as with dippy eggs - minimize the yolk that gets left on the plate for Coco.  You've likely figured out that the runny yolk is my favorite part of an egg.  In case you were wondering about bread, there was no way I was going to use up valuable stomach space when I needed it for the potatoes and eggs.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

2/9/15 event date


9 comments:

  1. So many wonderful variations for breakfast and they are all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potatoes with eggs - now you're talking. I've never quite gotten the hang of flipping vegetabless in the pan the way that you and Meakin do, but I think it is superior to stirring, that's for sure.

    I can't believe this will be the 6th annual blogger party. We've been to every one so far, but Meakin & I will be in Provence for two months this year and will sadly miss this one. Say hello to everyone for us please. Happy Valentine's Day a little late to you and Beverly.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larry, Another breakfast extravaganza! You are the Breakfast King! I'll spread the word on the blogger party...a great event for sure! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could make the blogger party! We will be in NYC for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to come to the party. All depends on work. And another wonderful breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's something cheerful for you to contemplate during today's predicted snow and/or ice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see all the tasty grub you all make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet that meal was totally delicious, my kind of food for sure, dippy eggs and all. Blogger party sounds great and we'd love it, but we're having "out-of-towners" visit that weekend. Looking forward to all the food you guys have!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments