Friday, April 19, 2013

Blogger Party and Breakfast From Tuna Mediterranean & Southwestern Pork

Blogger Party 2013
Get  your calendars out and let's talk 2013 East Tennessee Blogger Get Together again.

We are doing a Hawaiian Luau themed get together this year.  We are still up in the air about whether we are doing a whole pig this year, but I can tell you pork will be involved!

Date:  Sunday, May 26, 2013 Rain or Shine
Time:  Noon until whenever everyone leaves.  We will eat around 1:30 PM
Who:  Anyone who is willing to make the trip is welcome and of course, bring your significant other!
Where:  Larry's place on Tellico Lake which is about 35 miles southwest of Knoxville, TN.
Dress:  Island if you can.

As mentioned, we will be serving Hawaiian, Island fare.  We will be asking for a small donation (approximately $10 per person) to cover the cost of the meat.  We won't know exactly how the donation will be until we have a final attendance count.

We will provide tea and soft drinks and island concoctions but please feel free to BYOB.

RSVP: To Larry grandpop1@yahoo.com by May 5, 2013.

Final directions will be provided to the individuals who RSVP they are attending.

Katherine, Chris and I are getting really excited because this little get together we started back in 2010 as it has grown every year and we have always had a memorable time.  So mark your calendars and plan on joining us for a good food and good time with your blogger friends

Breakfasts
I had both potatoes and fish leftover from the Grilled Tuna Mediterranean supper and my first small spears of fresh asparagus along with some of the sauce.  I really wanted to emulate my baked eggs heroine Pam from For The Love Of Cooking, but I was in a hurry and opted for a quick scramble instead - next time Pam.

I chopped up the tuna, asparagus, a couple of potato wedges and sautéed them in olive oil until just warmed through. 

I added two eggs beaten with a little cream and scrambled them moist.

It was very good as shown and got even better when I remembered to add the tomato-olive sauce about half way through.  The only negative was the tuna was a little dry – had I got it right for supper, it would have been just right here.

Then while typing up the above meal and remembered I still had one helping of the Southwestern Pork And Poblano Stew so this just had to be tried for breakfast.


It was good but the liquid in it watered down my favorite egg yolk - have bread, will sop.

Photos best if enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

4/11/13 & 4/13/13 meal dates

12 comments:

  1. Wild horses couldn't keep us away from your party Larry. Looks like you are eating well while Bev is gone. You are the King of breakfasts.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breakfast king is back!!! I'm suddenly craving eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so wonderful, especially the last picture !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still think you could put together a Breakfast with Left-overs Cookbook... Not sure I've ever seen one... Looks great..

    Have a great weekend. Turning COLD again.. Gads!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday I will make the long drive down from VA to join y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah - sounds like so much fun! Wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Larry, That asparagus, potato and tuna egg scramble looks great! Add a little Tabasco of course... Big Dude, the Master of Breakfast continues as the King! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would not miss it for the world!

    Count us in
    Dave and Jackie Scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever been so hungry you feel sick to your stomach??? Well that's how hungry I am right now and that poblano stew pork breakfast brought tears to my eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for the party! I'll have my post up on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sure wish I lived closer! I know it will be a fun event. I love what you do with left-overs :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darn it Larry, if we could get to your piece of Heaven on that date we would! But guess what? My husband Bill and I will actually be in Maui, Hawaii on the exact date of your annual foodie get-together! Have a great time and make sure you prepare lots of strong Mai Tai's! We'll tip a few for you as the sun sets on the islands!

    Mahalo and aloha!
    Roz and Bill

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments