Friday, December 2, 2011

Texas RV Trip - Football & Brats

The GPS is a great help to the world in most situations, but for sure not one.  The guy we bought the RV from is an all-star elecrtical engineer (we worked together at Alcoa) and he installed a very nice TV/sound system in the RV complete with a Bose surround sound and automatic Direct TV dish.  We moved a Direct receiver from the house into the RV and it worked fine in the driveway, but it would not work anywhere else - so we were suspicious it knew where we were.  Bev did a little research and it appears they do and we must to have a seperate RV subscription.

It was Black Friday and I really wanted to watch the LSU/Arkansas and WVU/Pitt football games, plus Bev and I often want to watch different channels - Dancing With The Stars vs. The Military Channel kind of different.  So about noon after the Black Friday wildness, we headed to the very convenient Walmart and picked up a 22" Vizio flat screen and I was soon watching TV for the first time since we left home, 11 days ago, and I'm sure Bev will tune in her shows after I go to bed (the campground has cable).  As Popeye used to say "I've had all I can stand, I can't stands no more."  This is the result - obviously prior to the cold front moving in - that's lemonade in the carafe, but I like mine with a salted glass rim.

It was windy, so I opened the basement door to brace the TV against.  Bev and Coco aren't big football fans, so they semi-napped.

At halftime of the SEC game, I broke out the yet to be used Coleman propane grill so we could cook up some locally produced, Oma's brats for supper - we are in German Texas afterall.  We'd brought some of our onion and sweet peppers from home so it was just basic grilled brats on a bun for supper, washed down with a margarita lemonade.  I was planning to make a beer soak for them, but the non beer person, Bev, said she didn't want it, so we passed.

It was very good and met the criteria of tasty, easy, game day food.  And since we're in Tex-Mex country, the next day, I had the same thing for breakfast with the addition of cheese, but on a tortilla.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

One year ago:  A Couple Of Thanksgiving Leftover Meals 

Two years ago:  Chicken Cacciatore Ala Michele

Larry

8 comments:

  1. We have that same grill, I love cooking on it. Once again, Walmart saves the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the SEC!! Go Bama! The Arkansas and LSU game was a good one.
    Looking forward to the Georgia and LSU game Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football parties wherever you go! What could be better?

    And I'll take the Military Channel over Dancing any day. That crap gets old in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you were very brave to face the Black Friday crowds, but I'm glad you were able to see the game. The brats look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry, A new TV... Brats... Football... A Texas sunset... Fresh air... Life can be good! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, Glad you got to watch your games... I don't mind a day or two without a TV ---but I wouldn't be happy with no TV for as many days as you had.

    YUM---those brats look fabulous --and so does your breakfast...

    I've enjoyed traveling with you on your Texas trip...
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize you had to buy a whole other subscription either, what a crock.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments