When I packaged the tuna that I used for the Grilled Tuna Mediterranean, I packaged it with a piece of snapper for Bev and Madison, but with Bev gone we still needed to eat it - Madison’s favorite fish is made with a lemon, butter, caper sauce. My asparagus is coming in and when Debbie from "A Feast For The Eyes" posted her recipe for roasted asparagus with lemon, a one pan meal idea was born - with Bev gone and me doing all of the dishes, this becomes a priority.
This meal was just too easy with only a few items.
1 snapper filet
Butter at room temperature
Big handful of trimmed asparagus spears
6 lemon slices
Salt & pepper
- Preheat toaster (or big) oven and spray a pan or dish with cooking spray.
- Season the fish with S&P, spread the top with butter, and lay skin side done in the dish. Add capers to taste, and top with three lemon slices.
- Toss the asparagus with oil, season with S&P, add to dish and top with lemon slices.
- Bake until thickest part of fish reaches 135* (about 20 min).
- Carefully remove fish to a cutting board, cut into two pieces and plate.
- Toss the asparagus in the pan juices and plate.
NOTE: After overcooking the tuna the other night, I pulled the fish at 125* (15 min. cook time) and it would have been under cooked in the center for most eaters (which is why I put 135* and 20 minutes in the recipe). I gave Madison the thin end and it was just right for me and obviously her as well.
Photos best if enlarged by clicking on them.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.
4/12/13 meal date