Wednesday, November 11, 2009

THANKS TO THOSE WHO SERVE

As I’ve looked through old family pictures over the years, I’ve always been astonished at the ones where nearly all of the men and a couple of the women in the family were in uniform – this would be my father, aunts, and uncles, and great uncles. It’s easy to see why they are referred to as the greatest generation. I think I must have been born about 9 months and a day after Dad returned from the war in Europe.

I currently have a son (USA in Korea) and son-in-law (USAF in Texas) in the military and both have seen duty in Iraq. Along with all of the others, they’ve sacrificed a lot (their family life at the least) to serve.

I just want to thank them, all those others now serving, and those who have served before for providing me with the the wonderful life I enjoy everyday.

1 comment:

I appreciate and enjoy your comments