Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hash – It’s What’s For Breakfast

If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you may recall the corned beef meal we had a few days ago and my saying we liked the leftovers for Rueben sandwiches. You may also recall my saying yesterday that I may not have anything to post about for a few days. Forget all that as I forgot someone else lives in this house and is the primary kitchen owner.

Bev decided to turn all of the leftovers into corned beef hash. She started by sautéing some sweet peppers and onions in olive oil, then added the diced leftover carrots and potatoes and finally, the diced corned beef. Gave it a few shots of Texas Pete, a last S&P adjustment, a final stir and on to the plate.




Topped it with a couple of sunny side up eggs (cooked with a lid to get the upper side done) and served me one of my very favorite breakfast meals. Life is good.


I like to hash it up a little more by cutting the eggs up and mixing it all together – so I prefer my egg yolks to be very runny. I would have taken a pic, but too many folks have described the appearance in less than favorable terms – they just don’t know what they’re missing. Even with a partially blocked nose, it tasted great. And perhaps the best part – there’s enough for another meal or two.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man that looks fantastic!!! Now I want breffus for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm guessin' the first thang you did was take dat toast & poke it right into one them egg yolks, huh? i know how you country boys roll....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one heck of a breakfast, Larry! Slide a plate on over here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments