Pages

Friday, September 4, 2026

Blue Cheese Burgers, Juicy Burgers With Cheese Inside

When I saw Lea Ann's recipe for Blue Cheese Burgers, Juicy Burgers With Cheese Inside on her weekly email, and her comment was “Elevate your burger game with these Silver Spur Ranch Blue Cheese Burgers. Juicy and full of flavor, this Western style blue cheese burger is absolutely mouthwateringly delicious,” I knew it had to be tried if only for me.  As it turned out, Bev said to count her in as well but Pat was a no-go.  So, I bought two one-pound packages of ground beef and cut Lea Ann’s recipe in half (shown below) for one package and made the other into regular burgers with just S&P.  When I went to Food City to buy the Blue Cheese, the selection included none of the varieties recommended by Lea Ann (no surprise) so I opted to go with Roquefort.  When I was a kid and we went out to eat, my mom always ordered Roquefort dressing for her salad – not sure when actually I knew there was blue cheese.  You can click on the above link to go to Lea Ann’s site for the original recipe, her notes, and great pics. 

Blue Cheese BurgersAdapted from Cooking On The Ranch

Ingredients:

1 pounds ground beef 80-20 blend (Larry used 85/15)

1½ ounces blue cheese crumbled (Larry used Roquefort)

¼ cup chives fresh, diced

1 teaspoon hot sauce I like Cholula here

½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon dry mustard

3 Hamburger buns toasted 

Instructions:

In a large bowl, using very clean hands, gently mix ground beef, blue cheese, chives, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ground black pepper, salt and mustard.

(The cheese was very creamy as you can see for this pic of my knife and cutting board)


Form into 3 patties. (Since we don’t care for the very thick patties, I used my ring to make much thinner 5¾ oz patties for our large Kaiser rolls).

Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.

Preheat grill, broiler or cast iron skillet. (Larry not a fan of cast iron on the cooktop so I used a properly heated SST skillet with little oil)

Cook burgers 5 – 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness. (Larry cooked his to 130F internal and the others more done).

Serve on buttered and toasted buns.

We topped ours with lettuce, tomato, onion, and bacon.

This is mine and it is definitely not on my diet but during a recent visit, my doctor said I should lose the weight a little slower anyway.

The Verdict:

Bev and I both thought the burgers were delicious and definitely a kicked-up version – we both ate the whole sandwich which is very unusual.  Thx Lea Ann for a new burger for us to put in our rotation.

Photos can be slightly enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/3/26 event date

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your comments