Friday, June 18, 2021

Lemon Garlic Swordfish

Of the four people who regular eat at our house, Cindy and I are “never met a fish I didn’t like” kind of folks and Pat and Beverly are very picky, especially Pat who will only eat fried mild fish.  While Bev will eat salmon, oysters, etc, when it comes to fin fish it’s only salmon and fried mild fish for her as well – think fried crappie.


So when I look for fish dishes I try to find those that can be fried or baked so I can do both as desired.  When I discovered this recipe for Lemon Garlic Swordfish (which Pat won’t eat) on the Chew Out Loud Blog, I thought it would fit the bill and provide a new way to eat swordfish.  I followed the ingredients list times 1½ for the fish I had and used my grill rather than a pan and oven to cook it.  You can click on the above link for the original recipe.

Lemon Garlic Swordfish – Adapted from Chew Out Loud

Ingredients:

3 T. salted butter, softened to room temp

1½ T. freshly chopped chives

3 T. garlic cloves, minced

3/16 t. kosher salt

3/8 t. freshly ground black pepper

1½ T. juice from fresh lemon

1½ T. grated lemon peel

6 (1-inch thick each) swordfish fillets, about 4 oz each

kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:

1.Preheat grill over med-high heat.

2. In a small pan, combine the first seven ingredients and stir to fully combine. Set aside.

3. Use paper towels to pat-dry all excess moisture from the swordfish fillets. Evenly sprinkle both sides of fillets with pinches of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush with oil.

4. Add fish to grill and cook for about 2½ minutes.

5. Flip and cook to an internal temperature of 125F - about 2½ minutes more.

6. Take care not to overcook. A minute before fish is done cooking, cook small pan of prepared lemon-garlic mixture over medium high heat, constantly stirring, just until melted and bubbly. Immediately turn heat off and spoon mixture over the cooked fish.

My plate with the fish and green beans.

The Verdict:

It was very simple to make and we thought it was very good and would not hesitate to make it again but we did not like it as well as the other versions we have made such as Sicilian StylePuttanesca, and Tomatoes & Capers .

Swordfish is becoming one of my favorites from both a texture and taste standpoint and Bev likes that it isn’t very fishy.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

6/13/21 event dates


3 comments:

  1. Larry, That is a good looking meal! That lemon garlic sauce would be critical for me as swordfish tends to be too bland for me... Now the fried crappie that you led off with...that's my favorite! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks tasty! I've never had swordfish but I hear it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had swordfish this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments