Friday, December 18, 2020

Chex Mix & Women’s Hair

Bev decided she wanted to make Chex Mix this year so we added the ingredients to a recent Walmart pick-up grocery order – our first time for this and it worked very well.  We basically used the chex mix recipe from our friend Laurie (Big Daddy Dave’s wife) but changed the ingredients a little to make more.

Chex Mix

Ingredients:

5 cups of Corn Chex cereal

5 cups of Rice Chex cereal    

6 cups of Wheat Chex cereal

2 cup of mixed nuts  

2 cup of pretzels  

18 tbsp butter

6 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce   

5 teaspoons of Lawry’s seasoned salt (4 tsp next time)

2 teaspoons of garlic powder

1½ teaspoon of onion powder

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 250 degrees F.

2. We used a buffet pan to cook ours but I took no shots of the process.

3. Add the cereal, nuts and pretzels to the pan and gently stir to mix them (I used a spatula).

4. Melt butter in microwave & whisk in all the seasonings very well.

5. Pour butter / seasoning mixture slowly over cereal mixture, making sure that all is coated evenly. You’ll have to pour & stir, pour & stir.  Turning the mixture carefully. (Don’t pour it all at once over the top & try to mix it.  You don’t want to break up all the cereal, pretzels & bagel chips & only have some of the mixture coated.)

6. Once it is well mixed, bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to make sure all is toasting evenly.  (This part is very important!  If you don’t do the stirring, mixture will stick together.)

7. Spread out on large cookie sheet to cool, about 15 minutes. (We just kept carefully stirring to allow it to cool)

8. Store in an airtight container.

Verdict:

We thought it was very good but maybe a little too salty so I'll use a little less Lawry's next time.  Thanks Laurie - it is disappearing quickly.  This seems to be a Christmas Season snack but that is going to change around here - this stuff is way too good not to make on a regular basis - at least monthly.

And now the important part of this post -  my long awaited opinion on women’s hair.

We all have our personal views on things and I have one on women’s hair (not that anyone else cares)  – my whole life I have thought long hair on most women is way more attractive, feminine, and sexy than short hair and I’m really glad I have lived long enough for it to become popular again.  This is not to say that I think long hair looks best on all women or that I think all women look better with long hair but in general, I love the long, soft, feminine hair look.  Bev wears hers a little long but I don’t really know if it’s for me or because it’s the way she likes it.  But I do know that at 74, it’s great to be married to a hot, long haired, redhead.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them and the blue words are links.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

12/12/20 event date

2 comments:

  1. Larry, No Chex Mix for us yet this year. Today Laurie is making her famous chili! (I think it should be famous!) As for the hair opinion, you are a risk taker, that's for sure! Stay Safe and Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and Bev, Larry.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments