Friday, February 27, 2015

A Nice Snow Fix

Some of my fondest memories as a kid growing up in northern West Virginia involve the snow and to this day I still enjoy it and need an occasional fix.  I love how clean it makes the ground look and how sweet it makes the air smell when all of the pollutants are removed. 

Last Tuesday we awoke to the results of the ice storm, but this Tuesday, we had a nice, beautiful snow cover to look at with the official total of 4“ here at Almost Heaven South as measured by a yardstick on my deck railing. 




I don’t believe the RV was quite as angry about this event.


Then, after a day of melting, winter storm Remus rolled through beginning on Wednesday evening and we even had the outside floodlights on so we could watch the snow falling in the dark. As pretty as it was on Tuesday morning, we got up Thursday to these beautiful sites and a moderate 30F temperature.







With a total of 7¼“ now on the railing, I can definitely say my snow fix has happened and I’m glad we were here to enjoy it.  This is the view from my chair as I watched the birds have their breakfast.


This was the perfect snow for me as it was deep enough to cover everything and followed by a 41F day that melted nearly all of it from the roads.  And now that the snow fix has happened, I'm ready for spring.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

2/24 & 2/26/15 event dates

22 comments:

  1. It does look nice, and we got our snow fix too. Almost 2 months now, and no let up for a while.
    Come on spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a winter wonderland, all fresh and clean. I'm so glad you've gotten your snow fix Larry.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful Larry. I love having a snow fix occasionally. It's the kind that lasts and lasts that I can do without. Hopefully we all will be through with snow soon. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful snow 'fix' with us. You got more than we did, but I'm still ready for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry, This is what we like about winters so far in East Tennessee. Two weeks of winter with the cold, ice and snow...just enough to appreciate it and to be thankful that we don't have to live through it for 4 - 5 months like we used to when we lived in Chicago! Nice Photos! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. makes me want to cuddle up in front of the fireplace with a thick pair of socks and hot cocoa.... love these photos.... but just to look at :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dan roared with laughter at the front end loader clearing 321. Yours will melt soon, but mine will linger on for a month or more...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like Wisconsin, Larry! It sure has been a rough winter for the eastern states but your views are gorgeous! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the best kind of snow storm.... here today and gone tomorrow (at least mostly gone). Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you. I love snow events. And find myself disappointed if we only get a couple inches. Nice photos .... and you name your Winter Storms?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guess we ALL have had our Snow Fixes this winter around here. You actually got more SNOW --but we got that stinkin' ICE....So much devastation STILL around here. There are people without power even after a week.... Sad.

    Hope you are enjoying this warmer weather now. We are FINALLY thawing out some from all of our storms. They said on TV that the temperatures here did not get above freezing since Feb. 14.... Then the 5 storms hit.. It will take awhile to get all of this junk thawed out --and then the yard clean-up begins in our yard. HUGE JOB.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. The night it fell, I was out on the deck at 2am just enjoying the stillness of the city. Great shots, Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the way I feel about it - bring on the flowers and dogwoods and green grass. Love your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so over snow, there's more on the way here and it's nearly impossible to drive and make turns with the huge banks of snow. I'm all for "here today, gone tomorrow!" Or even better, None! Have a good week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, this latest storm was not as dangerous and definitely just as pretty. Lots of cars in ditches here in the Upstate though. I so loved another snow day from teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was the prettiest wet snow, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Larry, the snow looks beautiful. I would love to have the same experience. I have seen snow but have never really experienced it,if you know what I mean (laugh). Very pretty snowfall.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  18. I miss living in an area that gets snow in the winter. It looks beautiful there Larry. Our weather has been crazy here in Oregon - weather in the high 50's and our tulips & daffodils are all blooming. Not our usual gray & rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopefully...this horrible winter is over!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't heard from you in a while. All OK?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish we had snow. It was in the low 80's last weekend. Water restrictions to come.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos, Larry. It was great that you got your snow fix and very nice that it left quickly and didn't turn to ice. I'm so happy that Spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments