Sunday, April 7, 2013

Veggie Pizza (Almost) And A Memory (Lost)

We had a bag of raw veggies left over from a stir fry meal and we agreed to use them to make a veggie pizza based upon the “Spring Vegetable Pizza And A Memory” recently posted by Penny at Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen.  Please have a look at Penny’s site for her recipe and photos.

Bev did the cooking and began with a pre-baked pizza crust and a similar sauce of cottage cheese (what we had on hand), black pepper, shredded pepper jack, and pecorino Romano cheese.  Then she added toppings of artichoke hearts, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, spinach (sautéed), tomato, one leftover chicken thigh, and more shredded pepper jack.

My woman knows how to make pizza and this one was very good (keeper recipe) and while eating, I asked Bev where the carrots were to which she answered that she had forgotten to use the leftover veggies (the whole reason for the pizza) and had chopped up new ones.

Several days ago Jenn from Jenn’s Food Journey was lamenting that she’d bought the wrong ingredient for a recipe and I commented “just wait til your my age, that sort of thing happens every day and some days more than once.”  See what I mean Jenn. 

I lifted this from a Facebook friend and wanted to be sure you saw it.


Photos best if enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

3/29/13 meal date

15 comments:

  1. Good looking pizza Bev & Larry. Homemade are always best.

    I think Phil is a fraud.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to use up leftovers...or not, whatever the case, I would enjoy this pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, over the vegetables. Do it all the time. And I've been known to leave entire side dishes in the microwave that never make it to the table .... That slice of pizza looks incredible. Thick and cheesy and it instantly made me hungry. I'm planning a steak and potato omelet for breakfast, which may come sooner than later after seeing that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pizza. I know all about the memory thing. Very sad......sometimes......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry, Between Laurie and I we've decided that we have one whole mind and memory! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really good! Too bad I'm the only one in the house that likes veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA!! I believed you when you told me, there was no need to prove it!! lol
    Well, even with a small little missing ingredient, the pizza looks amazing! You are correct.. Bev can make a damn good pizza!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's funny that she forgot to use the veggies. The pizza looks perfectly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha...those senior moments are becoming more and more frequent. Glad I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That pizza looks so-o-o good, even without the carrots! :) Loved the rodent joke. Phil definitely blew it this year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tell my kids that my senior moments are their fault. It quiets them down. I like your rodent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a terrific pizza even if you still had leftover carrots. :) I've done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great pizza, especially with the fresh veggies, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've done exactly this a time or two with our dinners. I'll plan meals just to use the leftovers and next thing I know I have a second batch of leftovers sitting next to the first!

    Love your new gazebo, btw. I drooled over a similar one at Costco last month!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments