Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Outdoor Cooking Patio

For several years, my BBQ area was a pop-up canopy over an area landscaped with small river rock with a walkway running around it and it worked okay for that purpose.  This rainy day shot is the only one I could find.


However, while I’m BBQing here or grilling on the deck,  Bev loves to sit with me and sip a glass of wine, which neither area is very conducive for.  She has wanted to build something more permanent for a couple of years and I’ve been dragging my feet until this happened - due to many years in the sun, a a few recent hail storms, and a big wind.


One day while shopping at Sam’s she called to advise she had bought two gazebos (internet shot below) and I needed to come pick them up – the foot dragging came to a screeching halt.

Like the dock ramp repair, we hired our contractor neighbor to handle the job, as he had the contacts for the various folks needed and could coordinate the effort.  What would have taken me months (or years) looked like this in a couple of weeks (would have been quicker with better weather).


We have some landscaping to do around the area, which is my main to-do while Bev lays around the Caribbean at the beach - she needed it.  Bev now has a place to be with me and we have an outdoor area at the house to entertain our BBQ customers and others.  I post again when it's all finished.
For those of you who may think we’ve won the lottery with all we’ve been doing lately, we’re just doing things we've been putting off, plus trying to make sure we enjoy our kids inheritance while we can - if we run out of money, we'll sell everything and move the motor home into a trailer park to live :-).

Photos best if enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

3/13 event date


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful...that will be a treat to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny ... the first thing that came to mind when I saw that Internet photo was "did they win the frickin lottery?" :) And by the way, what's that green stuff around the grilling area??? oh, that's right, it's grass. Someday my white yard will turn green. Enjoy that grilling area. It actually looks like a nice cozy area to sip some wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That looks fantastic, Larry! And I think it's great that you are enjoying your kids inheritance.. my parents are doing the same thing!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, As you know, we love the new patio! Can't wait to chill out and drink some wine while you work... Laurie will probably have some more design/furniture placement ideas as well...always helpful! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite an upgrade from your pop up canopy top, Larry. What a great place to work and socialize. I'm totally with you about enjoying the kids' inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! You've got the right idea Larry. I LOVE this arrangement. Congratulations on a wonderful, liveable, enjoyable, beautiful patio. I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely place to work and have a glass of wine...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it! We're using their inheritance too, new composite wood deck, new kitchen and so forth. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful gazebo Bev picked out! Very classy-looking. That's so nice she joins you when you grill :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new gazebo area. I can give you a few pointers on what to tell the kids about the inheritance before you move into the motor home and park it in their driveways. I'm preparing to deal with my (overdrafted) inheritance, and glad I've planned better for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm jealous! What a great set up, you've definitely expanded and upgraded. Your Stumps must be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a swanky new cooking patio Bev picked out. I love it and I know she will too when she returns.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love that!! We're working on spending our kids inheritance too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! I can't wait to see the finished project photos. Good for you on spending the kids' inheritance - I am hoping my parents are doing the same. You worked hard for it so YOU should be able to spend it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a wonderful place for both Bev and you to enjoy! I can imagine all of the many days that you will enjoy this space! You deserve it! We have lived in our home for 7 years now Larry and still have not developed our back yard . . . you know what they say "It's always something". I can dream though!

    Happy Spring!

    Roz

    PS: Do you have your veggie garden planted? How are your blueberries coming along? I'm still so scared of those little blue balls of yumminess! I kill every plant! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that looks fantastic! Now you have an office and a very upscale office at that!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments