Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Go West Old Man – A Day With Ronda – 2012

I’ve posted before about going to WV and visiting with my aunt at her summer camp on the Tygart Valley River and while there this summer, her daughter Ronda and boy friend Kirk were in visiting from the Denver area.  We made a plan to spend our Saturday with them while in the area - they live only about 15 minutes from the campground we stayed at.

We went over to their place mid-afternoon and then went to dinner along with Kirks daughter and family.  Before we left home on this trip, Jim, our new neighbor who has spent lots of time in Arvada, CO, suggested we eat at Ted’s Montana Grill (owned by Ted Turner) ) and try the buffalo pot roast so we went to the one right there in Westminister and three of us had the pot roast.

And Bev had the Buffalo rib-eye.

I thought the pot roast was melt in your mouth delicious, just as Jim said it would be, and the others agreed.  Bev said the steak was good, but she prefers beef, which is a menu option - I would eat there again but get something other than the green beans.

After supper, we went back to their house where I lost all of my money to the sharks in their regular Texas Hold’Em cash game.

I'm now responding to your comments and hoping you will stop back by -  photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

One Year Ago: Baked Cod Ala Pam & Larry

Two years Ago:  Crab Fest At Almost Heaven South

Larry

9/22/12 event date

16 comments:

  1. The buffalo pot roast sounds like it would be good. I cooked a buffalo ribeye on the grill last year and it was terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - I need to go freezer diving as I may have some buffalo out there.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is one mean looking steak Bev had... although I think I would prefer beef myself too. been loving the reads and pics of your travels, thanks again for taking us along...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry, Laurie and I have eaten at Ted's before...in Chicago. We thought that the food was OK...the pot roast was very good but portions seemed small. (Note: That location is now closed) We didn't try the bison steak but I'd like to at some point. Bev's was beautiful for sure! The burgers are pretty good at Ted's. Ted's has a bunch of locations in Georgia... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave - I would have preferred my entree with Bev's side dishes.

      Delete
  5. Laughing at the buffalo head. Was it staring at you and Bev as you ate your buffalo? I've hear a lot of good things about that restaurant, particularly their "perfect burger" detailed in one of the Raichlen books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris - He was staring right at me, but I ate my roast anyway - I just didn't look up.

      Delete
  6. I have never seen buffalo on a menu here in the Pacific NW, but I would love to give it a try. Bev's rib-eye looks darn good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy - The only places I've seen it are Ted's and in areas with buffalo herds, such as Colorado.

      Delete
  7. Fred Meyer's (local NW grocery chain) sells buffalo quite often but I don't recall seeing it too often in a restaurant. Never tried it myself but it all looked good. Thought it was interesting that they put gravy on the meat but not on the mashed potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Donna and I'll pass this on to Cathy who lives near Portland. I missed the gravy on the taters as well.

      Delete
  8. I've got to go to Ted's and order that pot roast. I don't even think I've noticed it on the menu. I usually go for the burger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy it but my neighbor says carrots are a better choice as a side.

      Delete
  9. I thought the buffalo pot roast was GREAT! First time I ate there and will go back. Both Gwen and Kris had the burgers, which I had a bite of and it also melted in your mouth. As far as poker....bring more money next time!!!! I really enjoyed you two's visit. I don't get any relatives visiting here, this was awesome.
    Thanks again. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments