Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Blogger Award For Me ?

Emily over at Marvelous Recipes has favored me with the Kreativ Blogger award. I’m always flattered when people actually read what I have to say and I’m flabbergasted that someone thinks my ramblings are worthy of an award – especially when I compare it to the others I read. Thank you Emily. Be sure to check her blog for a new recipe nearly every day.

The rules for accepting this award are:

1. Post the award. (Soon as I learn how)
2. Thank and mention the person who gave you the award.
3. Pass the award on to seven bloggers who you think embody the spirit of the Kreativ Blogger Award.
4. Name seven things about yourself that others don’t know.
5. Don’t forget to notify the seven Kreativ Bloggers about their award and post a link to their blog.

The hardest part for me was to only give it to seven others as I would rather have given it to a dozen of you.

I’m sending it on to:
Chez at Fat Johnny's Front Porch
Jeanie at Cowgirl's Counrty Life
Chris at Nibble Me This
Mary at Deep South Dish
Lee Ann at Mangos, Chili and Z
George at A Nod Is As Good As A Wink To A Blind Horse
Steph at Plain Chicken

Since I say way too much on my blog, I had to think hard to come up with seven things about me that are worth knowing that I haven't already shared.

1. I’ve always been a control freak, but after a lot of hard work I’m a little better.
2. Bev and I recently had our 25th wedding anniversary – and both forgot it.
3. I’ve always been able to play most sports decently but was never great at any of them.
4. While I dislike soap opera type TV shows, during my senior year in college, I got home around 3pm everyday and got hooked on General Hospital.
5. I was the first person in my family to go to college and felt an incredible pressure to succeed.
6. My dream career would have been to have my own successful restaurant and a farm where I raised most of the things I served.
7. My dream retirement was to move to Summit County Colorado, with good health and enough money to not have to work, and be a ski bum – but have a job as a shuttle bus driver or lift operator so I couldn’t be called one.

So now that I’ve done this, I have one question – who started the award. I looked around on line and couldn’t find an answer.

Have a great day and please be sure you've read he post below this one.

Larry

8 comments:

  1. well aw'rite ~ thank you, bigdude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't figured it out by then, we'll take a look at posting it when I come down tomorrow. I, for one, enjoy reading your blog. It's always fun to see your take on things, especially when I've been there to see it first hand. Way to go, Daddy, on your award!

    And would you believe I knew all those things about you, including that you guys had your 25th anniversary? Hard to believe it's been that long, but congrats to you! :) And thank heavens you've mellowed out about number 1! ;) Love you lots, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think Summit County is close enough that we could make it for breakfast or dinner or both and vice versa! Hey thanks for the award and congrats on yours. As soon as you figure out how to post it, I'll copy if from your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...Thank you Big Dude! You are so kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Larry, congratulations on your award! You deserve this one and many more. I so enjoy reading the adventures of "The Dudes" and seeing what incredible things you & Bev have simmering on the stove.

    Thanks for my "nod" as well. I am honored to be is such wonderful company.

    You, two are truly what draws me to the bloggersphere... Good down-home peole with a huge heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm for some strange reason I'm thinking #4 is true, because it seems so unlikely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award!! I enjoy reading your blog.

    Thanks for passing it along to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your award and thanks so much for thinking of me too! I'm not sure who started that one either, but sometimes that part gets lost along the way. Don't sweat it.

    I love your list and can certainly relate to a few of them.

    My hubs and I have not been married that long, but our anniversary is right after Christmas and with all of the holiday festivities we almost always totally forget about it until a week or so later!

    I was never much of soap opera fan, but I can tell you that when I would run to the break room during lunch at work, there were an awful lot of fellas in there watching All My Children with the gals! So you were not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments