Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas To All

It’s Christmas Eve here at “Almost Heaven South” and Bev and I are enjoying a quiet evening with her sister and mother – watched the second half of “White Christmas.” Most of our family is off to other parts and we’ll be having our family get together on Dec 30. The dish Bev likes to have today is potato soup and cornbread and so it was. You’ve likely seen lots of different recipes for potato soup, but I doubt many as basic as this.

Peel, dice and cook potatoes in enough water to cover.
When tender, add milk with a little flour blended in, butter, salt and pepper.

Ladle into bowls and top with crisp bacon pieces, chopped green onion, and shredded cheddar – many folks would put these in the soup but Bev likes them on top. Serve with a nice hot piece of crusty cornbread. Definitely good eats on a rainy Christmas Eve.


Have a great day

Larry

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas

    and all the season's best to you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, Dad. :) Enjoy your soup and company today. Sorry you aren't getting the white Christmas you hoped for, but since I'm drivin gup to Eric's in a bit, I have to say that I'm glad for the distinct lack of white. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, driving up. My typing skills are taking a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas - we read your blog! We'll be in touch in a few days. Ruth and Dick from WV

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a more "somewhat silent night" while the holidays are raging. I wished for your phone number Christmas morning because I was doing a packer brisket, had trimmed it, smoked it and was trying to "figger" out the best way to do the burnt ends with the point.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and enjoy your comments