Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good News - Bad News



The good news is that thanks to the cooler summer, I’m having the best pepper season in several years. My Paprika’s which I dry and grind for BBQ rub and chili powder are especially prolific – I picked these today as the second picking and the plants are still loaded. The bad news is they’re HOT and supposed to be sweet. I grow and dry Anaheim’s for the heat portion. In preparation for writing a nasty-gram to the seed company, I got out the camera to take a picture of the seed packet. The third row of verbiage clearly says “mildly pungent” and so does the catalog description - although they were under the sweet peppers section. I hate it when it’s my own d*** fault. Guess I’ll have to buy some commercial sweet paprika to blend with mine to get the right heat level. Maybe I’ll even end up with something I like better and I know Bev thinks my rub it too mild – hum, maybe I need to go back and see if she ordered these seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and enjoy your comments